Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 5 - Boring, but informative. Plus Dinosaur!

Weight: 207
Body Fat: 25%

Ok, I'm willing to admit that the body fat stat is next to useless. But I'm still going to keep putting it up, because I bought a fancy scale and dammit I'm going to get my money's worth. So for all you nerds whose teeth are set on edge by imprecision, put in a mouthguard before you read.

Scales may tell me my weight, but what determines it is the food I'm eating. I've been vague in that regard thus far and I thought I'd talk a little bit about a typical eating day on the South Beach Diet. In the morning I have been eating eggs and back bacon (which, as far as I can tell, is just ham), I try to eat a relatively controlled portion, but I eat enough that I'm satisfied. I have been packing my lunch for school each day, so I take a celery stalk with a bit of cheese in it for one snack, a couple of cheese strings for another snack and some kind of salad with lean meat (tuna or chicken thus far) for lunch. For dinner I have a small salad as well as some meat and cooked vegetables. I also generally have some almonds as a snack after dinner. For the most part I feel satisfied with the diet thus far. I do find that I'm hungrier at dinner than I should be, which leads to eating snacks after dinner more than I'd like. I've kept them within the guidelines of the diet, but still, I'd prefer to limit my snacking. The other problem is, of course, variety. This is not so much a function of the diet as it is of the way food is purchased. Cooking for myself, a bunch of asparagus will last for 4 meals or so, which means that the better part of a week is spent eating the same vegetable at dinner (and having funny smelling pee). The other variety problem is my own doing. I feel like I've found meal plans that work and are easy to prepare and I'm disinterested in planning for different ones. Clearly if I intend to be successful I will have to get a little more adventurous in the kitchen. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

As promised today was a little boring, I hope the T-Rex spiced things up for you all. To make up for it, Fluff to Buff readers can expect a dramatic and exciting announcement tomorrow! Stay Tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts are making me hungry. Or it could be my new two-a-day training schedule.

Unknown said...

You know, if you eat the almonds about half an hour BEFORE dinner, they will curb your dinner hunger mightily.

Unknown said...

I once ate 2 lbs of asparagus. I found that it no longer made your pee smell funny after about 1 lb - you should try it!