Sunday, May 27, 2007

Day 4 - Produce Aisle or Bust

Weight: 208.0
Body Fat: 27%

In spite of last night's moderate rule breakage, I seem to have come away relatively unscathed and appear to have even dropped half a pound. I should mention that later in the evening I resisted both MacDonald's and any further drinking. Anyone who knows my weaknesses for junk food can recognize that accomplishment.

Today food again posed a challenge. A spontaneous round of golf found me without any snacks. South Beach definitely counsels its dieters against getting too hungry, as this leads to overeating. The round left me badly sunburnt, owing 3 drinks to my opponent and desperately hungry. Although we ate at the clubhouse, which offers a myriad of fried and fatty foods, I think I managed to follow at least the spirit of the diet by having a chef's salad. I will admit being jealous of my lunchmate's fries and sandwich, but my resolve held firm. I've realized that the weekends, when plans are fluid and meals go unplanned, will be the biggest challenge.

Tonight I went to the grocery store to stock up on some essentials for the coming week. To my surprise and that of at least some of my readers, I'm sure, all of my purchases were from the produce aisle. I can safely say that this is the only time I've ever only bought vegetables at the grocery store. I must have looked like a filthy vegan who's too stupid to wear sunscreen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't turn into a rabbit!